Fixing the UVs of the head mesh

Before I can retexture the head , I needed a UV map to get a good texture resolution as well as a high polygon version of the mesh in order to produce a normal map, curvature map, AO map etc in Substance Painter. I noticed that the UV map that came from Make Human was unoptimized in that there was texture stretching going on because the UV was unevenly distributed around the nose and ears.

Therefore in Blender I added seams along the existing UV islands, removed vertex doubles and created a new UV map which evenly distributed the texture resolution.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *